Ready to create some magic?
Our marketing team is growing and we’re looking for amazing talent to join our pack. This position is best suited for a junior content writer and marketer, with a strong desire to grow their skills and position in the team. The right person will help us execute our content strategy by supporting our Content Marketing Lead’s everyday tasks: from content planning to publishing and everything in between.
We need someone ready to start contributing without a steep learning curve, so this position is not suited for entry level applicants. Content writing is at the core of this position, so a love for writing is an absolute must. You have to be, what we like to call, a “Sponge Writer”, which is someone who can write in many different styles and voices as needed. Someone who is an intuitive communicator and is able to “read the room” when it comes to writing for our audience.
SaaS experience is preferred, but it’s not a deal-breaker if you don’t have it. We use WordPress for our blog, so a working knowledge of the platform is an advantage. A basic understanding of SEO is also a huge plus.
Our team is incredibly passionate, smart, supportive, skilled, open to learning, and growth-oriented. We’re happy to take constructive criticism and use it to level up. We’re looking for someone who can match that energy and help us scale.
About the role:
Our future Jr. Content Marketing Writer will support our Content Marketing Lead by splitting the workload. You’ll be focusing roughly 70% of your time on research, writing articles, proofreading content. The remaining 30% will be split between publishing content on our website miscellaneous tasks and team meetings. As you grow with the team and show your true strengths, your responsibilities may shift accordingly.
This is a full-time remote position, and is not suited for a digital nomad lifestyle. We require a steady internet connection and a mandatory overlap of working hours with the rest of the team.
- 1+ years of experience writing (with writing samples to support)
- 1+ years of experience managing content
- An impeccable sense of grammar, spelling, and punctuation (American English)
- A fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (with their own laptop)
- Genuine interest in the online video market
- Able to overlap at least 4 hours with our globally distributed team: from 6AM to noon Eastern Time
- An intuitive writer and communicator
- Quick to learn and able to understand audiences and different writing purposes
- Able to work independently
- Native or near-native English speaker
- A confident researcher who loves facts, hard evidence and numbers, with source info to prove it (‘Trust me bro’ doesn’t count)
- Overall a kind and fun person 🙂
Our ideal candidate will also preferably have:
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SEO
- Experience with Mailchimp
- Experience in SaaS industry / team
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Degree in Marketing Communication, Journalism, or similar
- Knowledge of OTT or video industry in general
- Good sense of content trends
These are nice-to-haves but are not deal-breakers.
- Join an amazing, creative and motivated team
- As a writer on the content marketing team, you will be joining our writing workshop and mentorship program that will help you level up your writing skills and portfolio
- Work from anywhere (OK, almost anywhere…), as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and reliable internet connectivity.
- 20 paid days off per year (eligible after the first 6 months with the company)
- Budget for personal development
How to apply:
Before applying, please note:
This is a junior position in a true sense of the word. Yes, some experience is required, but we need someone who’s ready to spend majority of the time executing and helping with technical side of content marketing.
- Click on the Apply Button and fill in the form
- We review the applications and email candidates who qualify for the second round
- The qualified candidates will be asked to do a test task: usually a writing test
- After we review the submissions, we will organize a Skype interview with the successful candidates
Uscreen is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
The determination to move applicants forward in our hiring process will be based on how the candidates’ skills, qualifications, knowledge, and experience meet the requirements of the position as outlined in this job posting.
Please note that due to the large number of applications received, that we are thrilled about, we are only able to respond to qualified candidates at this time. Should you be selected to move forward in the recruiting process you will be notified within 2-weeks of your submission.